Comm.care simplifies the process of gathering information needed to invoice your clients, report to funders, feed your payroll system or manage your services.
Comm.care makes running reports easy. You need to have Manager access, then go to Organisation / Reports module.
Within this panel, there are three type of reports available:
- Activity Report
- NDIS Bulk Claim
- Generated Reports
NEW Feature: Filter by how supports will be paid
For Activity Reports and NDIS Bulk Claims you can now set-up or update Comm.care to enable reports to be filtered by how supports will be paid.
This improvement makes it easier to:
- Ensure your NDIS Bulk Claim excludes plans that are self-managed or managed by a Plan Management provider.
- More accurate one-click reporting, and fewer rejected transactions!
- Separate out all activities delivered only against self-managed plans or those managed by a Plan Management provider, for easier direct invoicing.
- Get a clearer picture of how supports are paid by different service types and clients, for better operations management and planning.
Important: Payment classifications must be applied within the service roadmap for each circle in order to use this feature. Learn more about service roadmap. If your circles’ service roadmaps include information about how supports will be paid, when it comes to reporting you can generate reports on activities delivered to clients filtered by whether:
- Funding is provided directly to the support provider/agency (your organisation) by the NDIA
- Funds are self-managed by the client
- Funds are managed by a third-party Plan Management provider.
The purpose of this report is give you a quick snapshot of all the activities that have been provided for a specific period. For example, if you are collating information to assess total hours of services provided for one week, you can simply run this report specifying that time period in the “from” and “to” fields. The total hours of services performed by your staff for that given week will be in the column “hours”. Note, this report will include all services performed regardless of whether fees were charged, so volunteer hours performed will be included.
You can also filter by how supports will be paid (requires that you have classified payment type within service roadmap for circles). You could, for example, only extract activities where the client’s plan is self-managed or managed by a third-party plan management providers, so that you can directly invoice them more efficiently.
NDIS Bulk Claim
The purpose of this report is to claim funds from NDIS portal in an accepted NDIS Bulk Claim format. This report will only show services that were set up as “NDIS”, with the relevant data such as Support line item ref numbers. Only approved NDIS services will appear in this report.
The best practice to run this report is based on the cycle your Organisation will claim funds. For instance if your cycle is weekly then you would run the report for the week in the “from” and “to” parameters. The report is exportable to csv, which once you save the file you can upload to the NDIS Portal.
You can also filter by how supports will be paid (requires that you have classified payment type in service roadmap for circles). This enables you to extract only NDIS services where the client’s plan is managed by the NDIA and service providers can claim directly (i.e., you can exclude self-managed plans and those opting for third-party plan management providers.)
Work around for duplicate data items:
If for some reason you document services since submitting NDIS Bulk Claim, you can re-run the NDIS report for that time period. The services that have already been claimed will need to be removed prior to submitting the NDIS Bulk Claim into the portal.
To remove the lines, save the file type “.csv”, and open in NotePad for PC and TextEdit for Mac. Remove the duplicate lines that you no longer need to upload and resave the file as “.csv”.
Then upload the file into NDIS Portal.
Add New Report
The purpose of this report is to provide a holistic view of your organisation’s activity for a specific period. The report is split into various cuts of data:
- By Circle
- By Service
- By Staff
Each of the three views has a summary and detailed view.
In the top right corner click on
+Add New Report. Once you click on this it will ask you for the period you want to run and extract the reports.
- Report by Circle: this can be used to calculate client invoicing with the client name, service provided, time and fees charged.
- Report by Service: to assess the quantity of services provided in given time period. This could help assess the staff availability to support specific services.
- Report by Staff: this can be used for payroll or HR to calculate the staff hours of services provided in the given period.