Create a roadmap for every circle to show which support services will be delivered against what timeframes for a specific client. The roadmap is essential for accurate reporting.
The Roadmap displays each of the Services provided to your client by any organisation in the past, currently, or in the future, and is used for reporting purposes.
Before adding new services to your Circle, ensure that the service is listed in Comm.care under your Organisation, or it will not appear in the form. You can add any active service being provided by an organisation to a client’s roadmap within a Circle - here’s how.
Adding a support service to the roadmap
Step 1. Go to the Circle
From the Home screen the quickest way to go to a Circle is to click on the circle’s name under “My Circles” on the right. If you don’t see the Circle you want, it is because you haven’t set it as frequent. Go to Circles on the main menu and then click on the Circle. If still you can’t find the circle on this list it means you are not part of that particular Circle, you need to ask the Admin to grant you access.
Step 2. Go to the Roadmap
Click on Roadmap from the menu items on the left.
Step 3. Add a new Service
Once on the Roadmap tab click on the Add new service on the top right.
On the Add service form select the service your organisation will provide to the person, which has the following fields:
- Service: Select the service that will be provided from your organisation’s list.
- Service state: This is a useful field to plan current and future services for the person and assign them different states.
- From and To: Set the start and end dates for the service. Again this field can be used in conjunction with the Circle state to plan for future services.
- Unit price: Set the fees charged to the client. If the support service is funded by the NDIS or CHSP the fees are specified on the arrangement on the organisation service.
- Service Objectives: Based on the personal plan, this field shows the objectives of this particular service for the person.
- How will the supports be paid: Select from three options: the support provider (your organisation) is paid directly by NDIA; the participant pays (self-managed plans); or a third party Plan Management provider pays. This enables you to filter reports for better reporting and invoicing.
Congratulations! You have added your first service to a roadmap within a circle. Now you can add all the other services to the roadmap and repeat this process for all circles.